YayBlogger.com
BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Monday 10 December 2012

L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombrés No 1 dip dye kit

I've found myself in a bit of a rut lately, and I decided to do something to perk myself up and change my hair. I've had every style and colour over the years but have toned it down considerably lately, mostly because I really want it to grow and am fed up with having to get chunks of it cut off! Today however, I took the plunge and dragged my friend Jo to Boots with me to pick up a box of L'Oreal Preference Wild Ombrés Dip Dye Kit in No 1.

I know I'm a bit late on the dip dye train but I really fancied a subtle change and nothing too drastic, and I've been admiring these dyes for a while. I chose No 1 as it is recommended for my base shade.

It comes with a cream developer, lightening powder and lightening cream, which you mix together and apply to a brush included in the kit to work your way through the ends of your hair. I had Jo do this as I'm lazy, but I can imagine it being fairly easy to do on your own. The instructions suggest you section your hair in two, but we found it blended more evenly and naturally without sections. I left the dye on for 25 minutes as it lifted very quickly and appeared to be developed, though seeing the end result I could have done with the full 40 minutes as the instructions suggest.

The box contains a "conditioning shampoo" which we did not realise until I'd shampoo'd my hair and went to apply what we believed was the conditioner, so I continued with my Herbal Essences Hello Hydration as we weren't quite sure what to do!!

As for the end result, I'm very happy with it! I definitely should have kept it in longer and we did have the "Oh shit, it's ginger!" moment but it's definitely the change I was looking for and I can always go over it again in a few weeks if I decide to go lighter. Ultimately I love my new hair and would definitely recommend this kit

Let me know what you think :)

Love,
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment